5 Day PADI Learn to Scuba Dive Course
Combining the PADI Openwater Scuba Diving Course with a liveaboard
trip on the Great Barrier Reef is Pro Dive's most popular way to
Learn to Dive
|Day 1||8.30am - 5.00pm||Theory & Pool at Training Center|
|Day 2||8.30am - 5.00pm||Theory & Pool, Theory Exam at Training Center|
|Day 3||7.00am - First Day at Sea||O/Water Dives 1 & 2, Snorkel the rest of the day|
|Day 4||Second Day at Sea||O/Water Dives3 & 4 plus 2 Pleasure Dives inc Night Dive|
|Day 5||Final Day at Sea - 4.30pm||3 Pleasure Dives|
On Completion of Pro Dive's Open water Certification Course you will be a qualified
Open Water Scuba Diver.
You are trained to dive to a depth of 18 meters and the certification you receive is recognised World Wide!
About the Course
The first two days of the course will be at Pro Dive Cairns' professional Training Centre in Cairns City. The Training Centre features all the modern facilities needed to learn to scuba dive. We also boast Cairns deepest scuba diving training pool. At 4.5 meters in the middle, students get an excellent idea of what diving really feels like with all the equipment. Days 3 , 4 and 5 are spent on the outer reef, onboard Pro Dive Cairns' liveaboard dive vessel, MV Scuba Pro. You will be diving on a choice of sixteen sites exclusive to Pro Dive Cairns - refer to Itinerary Section. Courses start everyday except Sunday. The course includes 4 Openwater Training Dives plus 5 pleasure dives including 1 fully escorted pleasure night dive
Our vessels are 25 metres (80 feet) in length, centrally air-conditioned, light and airy. There are 2 large decks, one for scuba diving and snorkel gear and one strictly for sun tanning and relaxing. These vessels are the only purpose built outer reef dive liveaboards operating in the area. There are a total of 16 Cabins which sleep a maximum of two per cabin and a bathroom for every two cabins. Dinner, the menu changes each trip, however it will be wholesome, hot and of course lots of it. Dessert is served after the night dive. Please advise if you are a vegetarian and we will do our best to make sure we cater for you. Single travellers are accommodated in the twin berth cabins with another diver.
About the Cruise
|Departs||Daily Except Sunday||No. of Divers||32|
|Duration||5 Days||Cabin Types||14 Twin berth - 2 Double Berth|
|No. Dives||9 Dives||Ensuites||Share Bathrooms|
|Check in||8.30am Cairns||Nitrox||Available|
|Check out||4.30pm Carins||Star Rating||3 Star|
|Min Cert||OpenWater Course||Diving Experience||Diving is suitable for all level of divers|
5% Discount if you Book this Trip Online - Promotion Code 'Cairns05'
|Rates P.P (AUD)||Apr 2014 - Mar 2015||Apr 2015 - Mar 2016||Add Ons||Charge (AUD)|
|Twin Share||$845||tba||Camera hire per Dive||$35|
|Double Bed Cabin||$845||tba||Nitrox Air Fills all dives||$95|
|Taxes & Levies||$60||tba||PADI Nitrox Course w/ air fills||$195|
Double cabins do not appear in live status but can be requested at time of booking.
What else do you need to know?
Fitness to Dive
Please take time to review the Waiver Release and Fit to Dive requirements.
We recommend you complete a dive medical -if required -before you arrive in Cairns
Web address for Doctors registered to do Dive Medicals Australia Wide- www.spums.org.au
Web address for Cairns 24hr Medical Center - Can provide Dive Medicals until 8pm - www.thedoctors.com.au
If you are 45 years and older you will need to get a Dive Medical, regardless if you have any medical conditions or not.
You will have use of all equipment whilst on course including
Snorkelling gear, wetsuit, buoyancy vest, regulator with alternate air source, dive computer, tanks, weights and belt are included.
Minimum age to learn to dive
The minimum age is 12 years. All students under 18 years of age will be required to provide signed parent or guardian consent form. This form is available at the Dive Centre.
Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a parent or adult over the age of 18.
Children between the ages of 12 and 14 years will be trained to dive a depth of 12 meters and will qualify as Junior Open Water Divers.
Planning your travel arrangements
You will need to be in Cairns the night before your course starts
Check In & Hotel Transfers
Email firstname.lastname@example.org up to 48hrs prior to departure to advise your Hotel Accomodation, we will then organise a transfer for you.
What to bring on board
I can reconfirm all equipment is supplied. Please bring your own personal toiletries, swimmers, light long sleeve top, t shirts, shorts, suitable shoes to wear on board (can have slippery surfaces), sunhat, sunscreen and sunglasses are a must. You will need to bring your own towels. If you are not sure of your sea legs, we strongly recommend that you take motion sickness tablets on the trip. Kwells and Travel Calm are suitable to use when diving.
We request that you only bring a small bag on board. If you have bags you need to be stored when you are at sea, this can be done at the Dive Shop.
Flying After Diving
We recommend you give yourself a 24 hour surface interval after your last dive before flying.
Reef Taxes and Levies
There is an additional fee which includes Government Management Charge, as well as a Port Departure Tax and administration costs. Payable direct at the end of the trip.
All bookings are fully refundable if cancelled up to the end Day One of your open water course
No alcohol is served on this trip. You are welcome to BYO -no bottles please - a fridge is provided. Alcohol can only be consumed in the evening and Pro Dive encourages responsible drinking.
- Theory Session
- Practical - confined water modules
- Practical - 4 Ocean training dives
- 5 Pleasure Dives
- All Course Material + Log Book
- 2 x passport photos needed for certification
- All equipment is provided
- International Openwater Certification
- PRO DIVE's professional instructor fees
- Accommodation transfers from City and Northern Beaches only
- 2 nights accommodation on board vessel (all twin cabins)
- All meals while on board
- Bed linen (No Bath Towels)
- All Gear Hire including Prescription masks if needed
- All Wetsuits are 5mm Short arm/leg wetsuits.
- Personal underwater dive computer
- Full snorkelling equipment
- Dive Insurance - for diving medical emergencies
- Free Wireless Internet on board
- You will need to book your own flights to and from Cairns. The best airfares are available online
- Accomodation in Cairns
- EMC , Port & Administration fee and fuel levy - To be paid onboard
- Underwater Sony digital camera hire - including images being copied to CD.
- Cost of Dive Medical - if required.
- Some medical conditions may prevent you from diving. For example: heart disease asthma, epilepsy or diabetes.
- Please inform us prior to reservation if you suffer from any medical condition that may affect your diving.
- Australian medical standards are different to those overseas. A medical obtained in another country will most likely NOT be valid in Australia.
- Trip Cancellation or Interruption Insurance - click here for Suresave Travel Insurance. If you do not hold an Australian Medicare Card, please look at Plan M. We recommend Suresafe as it includes Dive Medical Emergencies insurance.
- Deck and Bath Towels
- Personal Toiletries
Please contact email@example.com or call 1 800 820 820 if you require more information