Terms and Conditions
Itinerary details Subject to change: Number of dives, specific dive sites and marine life cannot be guaranteed.
- Cabin Share Options: While social distancing restrictions are in place - Twin share only available to people of same booking; sole occupancy incurs 20% surcharge. If restrictions are lifted before final payment, pricing can be adjusted if twin share option is preferred.
- Luggage Allowance: No limit. Maximum weight for any bag is 25kg.
- Itinerary Subject to Change: Marine life, specific dive sites & number of dives not guaranteed.
- Reservations: 30% deposit to hold reservation. Balance is due 60 days prior to departure.
- Cancellation Policy: As advised by your agent.
- Weather & Mechanical Cancellations: Expedition cancellations due to weather are refunded for value of days lost, less 15% administration fee. Cancellations due to vessel breakdowns are fully refunded to value of days lost. No compensation is offered for consequential change of flights or holiday plans.
- Medical Evacuation, Mike Ball Dive Expeditions (MBDE) recommends you:
• Ensure your travel insurance specifies medical evacuation and support for scuba diving.
• Contact Dive Assure or DAN membership for travel insurance and scuba diving support.
• If an Australian resident, check if state ambulance cover includes medical evacuation & support for scuba diving.
- Snorkelling: Must follow MBDE snorkelling procedures. A buddy is required for "at risk" snorkellers.
- Guided Dives: It is not our policy for all dives to be divemaster led. We provide complimentary orientation dive/s to enhance skills, & a scheduled morning & afternoon guided group dive. Private dive guides may be available at additional cost, subject to availability. Dive site briefs include maps with topography, depths, currents & marine life.
- Dive Certification: Proof of certification is required. All divers must have dived in the last 10 years. If your skills and ability are incompatible with a dive, you may not be permitted to participate in that dive.
- Equipment: Divers require: Nautilus GPS and surface marker buoy (supplied by MBDE), alternate air source and full wetsuit/dive skin (dive skins not available for hire). Your personal dive equipment brought onboard must be maintained, assembled and used according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Hire Gear: You are liable for the replacement or repair of any lost or damaged hire equipment whilst in your care.
- English Skills: MBDE only has English-speaking staff. You must be able to read and understand the English language for vessel and dive safety briefings, or have an interpreter traveling with you. Divers with poor English skills may need to miss some dives.
- Image Release: You authorise MBDE to use photographic, video or digital images that feature you on this expedition, as well as images entered into the photographic competition or supplied to MBDE.
- Ship's Bar: No BYO alcohol. Beverages from bar at your expense. Complimentary soft drinks & wine with dinner. 16. Onboard charges: Will be settled at the end of the expedition; payment by cash or credit card. - Click here for the MBDE Booking and Discharge of Liability Form.
Check-in at Mike Ball office located at 3 Abbott Street, Cairns. Thursday between 8.30 am & 4.00pm; Monday between 6.40 am & 7am.
On departure day and prior to boarding, please ensure your clients -
• Provides a copy of your vaccination certificate.
• Either a) Completes a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) within 24hrs before boarding or b) not required if your client was covid positive within the past 12 weeks. Both a & b require either, a time-stamped photo or proof of being covid positive.
• Anyone testing positive will not be permitted to board and will be advised to follow local health directives for further testing and the latest advice.
• The above applies to both guests and crew.
What happens if they do test positive onboard?
• Your clients will be required to isolate in their cabin and monitored.
• On disembarking your client will be directed to latest advice here.
We are reminding all guests you should have insurance coverage that includes isolation evacuation, in the unlikely event of testing positive to COVID on board and require a private flight back to Cairns.
Note: Insurance for COVID-related issues needs to be taken out at least 21 days prior to travel. Should you choose not to insure and take the risk, you become personally liable.
We understand that a positive result is both disappointing and inconvenient, however the health and safety of all concerned is extremely important. We highly recommend that your clients takes out travel insurance that covers covid-related issues at least 21 days prior to travel. These should include but not limited to, protection against evacuation from vessel, relocation, hotel/accommodation isolation, flight cancellation and or changes.